Wednesday, May 31, 2006

WBW - Pomp and Circumstance

The Kept Woman has asked for photos recalling our glory days when we all thought we were smart and a piece of paper actually meant something. Then you enter the real world. Anyway...

Here I am after graduating from preschool. My neighbors' daughter just graduated from preschool the other day and I dragged out this picture to show her that I was once young and cute, too.
Here I am accepting my high school diploma from an unknown guest speaker while the principal looks on. Check out the perfectly coordinated shake-and-grab. Almost like I practiced it. Oh, wait, I did. They made us practice that. All 250 of us.

Here I am showing off my high school diploma. I was thinking, "Thank goodness I don't ever have to see any of those people again!" Hence, the big smile.


And here is my "official" college graduation portrait. Don't I look proud? In this one, I was thinking, "I just want to get out of here so I can start the rest of my life!" Which included getting married one month after graduation. I use my degree all the time, though. I majored in English and Creative Writing. I speak English, like, every day. And the writing, well, you're reading it!

So, did you play?

2 comments:

  1. I love the preschool graduation photo- Bonus points for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lordy, that first picture is too cute!
    hehe
    happy wbw!
    I played

    ReplyDelete