Thursday, September 28, 2006

What was that?

As you probably remember, Dancing With the Stars is one of my favorite things. I've been really impressed with this season's celebrities and their dancing abilities. But what in the world was that singing group doing on there last night?

Now, I will be the first to admit I don't keep up with current music. Most of it is just not of interest to me. So the name Scissor Sisters meant nothing when I heard it. But as the producers seem to be unintentionally revealing to the world, just because it has the right beat doesn't mean people should be dancing ballroom to it. Some of their song choices this season have been questionable at best, and this singing group that was on last night was awful. Not even watching Cheryl Burke dance to their "singing" helped.

In case you missed it, the lead singer was dressed in horrible glam-rock 70s-type clothing, and sang in a mediocre falsetto most of the time. Since when did falsetto count as actual singing? One or two bars, sure, but a whole song? Ick.

I was glad that Joey and Mario both stayed on, because even though they broke the rules they are both incredible dancers. When it came down to Harry and Jerry, I knew Harry was going home. What annoyed me was that he didn't last any longer than the dreadful P Miller from last season. But at least now Jerry gets to learn the waltz for his daughter's wedding.

So to the producers, please think through your guest appearances more carefully. And start picking the songs to actually fit the dances. How hard is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment