Friday, June 30, 2006

SPF - Shaun Style!

This week, Kristine has been busy with wedding plans, and has asked her fiance Shaun to come up with the SPF topics. So here we go!

Something with a story behind it

When my great-grandmother died, my parents, brother and I were given the task of cleaning out her house. Now, I was only twelve at the time. I asked if I could keep something from the house as a memento. These teacups were what I chose. She had collected them from all over the world. Some of them are quite old. Most of them have matching plates. The cup on the bottom shelf in the middle is from Germany. Both of her parents immigrated from Germany in the late 1800s, so that's probably the oldest one. I have added my own pieces from my travels, as well. I would have added more, but I ran out of shelf space.

Something truly Random and Odd I found this on my kitchen table this morning. Caption, please!

Something borrowed When I was trying to get pregnant the first time, someone lent me this book. I never told her I wanted to choose the sex of my baby, I just said I was hoping for a boy. She insisted I borrow this book. Then we moved away, and now I can't remember the name of the woman I borrowed it from. So, does it work? Maybe too well. Not only did I have a boy, I had three more after that!

So, did you play?

4 comments:

  1. Luv the story about the teacups. They are so precious!

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tea cups are awesome... and i love the story about the borrowed book... but i totally can't come up with a caption for picture 2.

    i played!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played, but now I think I didn't follow the directions so well...

    Oh well, come visit anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The random picture looks like some type of character from Thomas the Tank Engine.
    I remember those days well.

    Happy SPF and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete