Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Grades

I took the four year old for his checkup the other day. While doing the physical exam, the doctor asked him a few questions.

"How high can you count?" was one of them.

"I can count to 100... MILLION!" The doctor probably thought he was kidding, but I bet he could count that high given enough time and patience (I've heard him count to over 100). In any case, the doctor was satisfied with 10. And very impressed when I told him that my preschooler knows all his letters and the sounds they make and is reading simple words.

On the way home, he wanted to know how high his oldest brother could count. "As high as he wants to," I said.

"And what grade is he in?"

"Seventh."

"How high can you count, Mommy?" I gave him the same answer, as high as I want to. "And what grade are you in?"

"I'm not in a grade. I finished school."

He paused for a moment. "So when you finish school you're not in any grade anymore?"

"That's right."

Another pause, then, "That's AWESOME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment