Tuesday, March 29, 2005

She can't even boil eggs...

Okay, the kids wanted to decorate Easter eggs on Saturday. I put 18 eggs in a pot of water, brought it to boiling, covered it, turned off the heat, and left it. I came back an hour later, took out the eggs, and we began decorating. Naturally the two year old broke one of them. To my chagrin, it was still semi-liquid inside. As were they all. Now, I know I am not a gourmet chef, but I thought surely I knew how to boil an egg. I've never had a problem with it before. Who knows what happened. I've boiled eggs before.

At least I can still make toast without burning it. I got a nice new toaster for Christmas. Hey, maybe I've traded one skill for the other. Now that I can make toast, I can't boil eggs. Both skills cannot co-exist.

It's a good thing nobody around here likes boiled eggs.

No comments: