Friday, February 20, 2009

Dental drama

Fake quote of the day:
"I don't see why people keep telling me to go to the dentist, baby." --A. Powers

Yesterday I had my six month dental checkup. I already knew one of my molars was cracked, but I'd been putting off getting it crowned until our insurance rolled over for the new year. So while I was already at the dentist, I decided to have the crown done.

Well, he started drilling my old filling out and, surprise surprise, the decay had snuck in through the crack in my tooth and was entirely too close to the nerve for just a simple crown. He had to do a root canal. Fortunately, I was plenty numb and didn't feel anything. And he sent me home with pain meds in case it gets unbearable. So far it's just a little ache, unless I try to chew on the right side of my mouth.

So for those of you keeping score, that's three root canals in three years.

1 comment:

  1. I am having dental issues too.....2 crowns in my future.....I am not happy cause I have to add about $1000 on top of the cost for my sedation....and insurance won't pay for that....UGH

    ReplyDelete