Sunday, February 13, 2005

My GIANT baby!

I took the baby to the doctor this past week for his two month checkup. I knew he'd gained some weight - I guessed around two pounds - and I was right. He went from 11 1/2 pounds, to 13 lbs 14 oz! Plus he grew another 1/4 inch to 23 1/4 inches. Now, I thought this was pretty big, but still not as big as the oldest was at 2 months. Then I checked his baby book. He was 12 ounces less and 1/4 inch shorter! This just shocked me, because my oldest was always so pudgy and roly poly and the baby just doesn't seem that way to me.

Hubby pointed out that the baby is probably carrying most of his weight in his thighs, which are about as big around as my wrist. I suspect he's right. Nevertheless, he does not look like he weighs that much. I mean, he only has two chins!

I woke up Friday morning with this awful pain in my shoulder, which lingered until Saturday night. I have no idea what it was or what caused it, but it wasn't fun trying to lift an almost 14 pound baby when I couldn't move my right arm. Pretty soon I won't be able to carry him in the carseat anymore, even when my shoulder doesn't hurt!

No comments: