Friday, October 03, 2008

Loads of work ahead

It looks like I will be going to China with Hubby in December! I'm very excited, naturally, but now I have a lot of planning to do. I have to lay out all the lesson plans and assignments for my high school English class (my co-teacher has just let me do the work so far since I majored in English and writing). And I have to do this better than I usually do it for myself, since she needs to be able to follow my notes.

I downloaded the entire novel The Scarlet Letter last night from Librivox, which is a free audio book site. I'm thinking I might give each student a copy and have them listen to it as part of their assignments. And they must enjoy it. It's my favorite classic American novel and everyone should read it, but I know some of these kids have reading issues, so I figured an audio book would be just as good.

So today, I have a question for you: what book were you assigned in high school that has continued to be important to you throughout your life? And what book do you think everyone should read?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. To Kill a Mockingbird. One of the few books I was assigned to read that I loved and that I still love as an adult.

    ReplyDelete