- A three year old with a marker can mark up to approximately four feet above the floor.
- If he finds a chair, this changes to six feet.
- Even washable markers will stain the wall.
- Permanent markers really are.
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers really do remove marker from the wall.
- They do not, however, remove the indentations in the wall where the marker used to be.
- Likewise for ball point pen.
- Pencil comes easily off of tile floors.
- Pencil does not come so easily off of curtains.
- One container of garlic sauce from Papa John's cover approximately four square feet of floor.
- Papa John's garlic sauce doesn't dry out when left overnight on a tile floor.
- The sound of my Scooba cleaning the bathroom floor is eerily similar to the sound of my children screaming at each other.
- And finally, if I had ten Saturdays to clean my house, I can tell you that it still would not be clean. I barely scratched the surface. But I feel a whole lot better now.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Things I learned this weekend
I had a rare day to myself Saturday and decided to do what anyone with a free day would do: clean the house. Here are some things I learned: