Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Last day of school

Co-op school, that is. This is the last day of my Knights and Castles class. I have to say that both times I've taught this, it has been the most fun I've had at co-op. The boys in the class (and the one girl) have been so much fun, and the cool thing is, they're really learning. When I ask review questions, even ones I would consider hard for a seven year old, they know the answers.

This week, we're going to watch a segment of the made-for-tv movie Ivanhoe. I'm not sure exactly when it was on television, but I know it was one of the first things we ever recorded after getting our fancy new VCR in 1981. So it was a while ago. Anyway, there's a wonderful tournament scene in the movie that's very historically faithful, and not gory. So the kids are really going to enjoy that.

And when I get home, I'm going to try to remember to look up that movie online and see if anyone has it on DVD.

2 comments:

  1. Ivanhoe? Hmmm, I'll have to check that movie out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that Netflix has the movie - they practically have everything. We've been renting the old Pippi movies. (which I remember seeing as a kid. I didn't realize how badly dubbed they were until now watching them as an adult!)

    Hows the book coming along?

    ReplyDelete