Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rainy day reading

There is something about a rainy day I just love. Maybe it's the calming rhythm of the drops hitting the windows. Maybe it's knowing that I don't have to go out in it. Either way, rain makes me almost as happy as snow does.

My favorite thing to do on a rainy day, besides sleep in, is curl up with a good book. Yesterday, I breezed through the book Twilight, which had been recommended to me by no less than 5 people. Today, since I don't have the sequel on hand, I will pick up one of the many paperback mysteries I have waiting on my bookshelf and read at least one page before the children have something more pressing for me to do for them.

So, how about you? What's your favorite kind of rainy day reading?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. I love rainy (and snowy)day reading too. A good, one day read is Reunion by Fred Uhlman. Right now I'm reading In The Land of Invisible Women. It's good but for a day like this I'd rather read a heartwarming Christmas tale.

    ReplyDelete