Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just the way it goes

Now that I've pretty much recovered from the gall bladder surgery (it'll be 3 weeks tomorrow), and two of my five bandages have come off, I'm trying to add a little more activity into my routine. Not too much, though. I tried vacuuming the other day - big mistake! But you should see my house - I couldn't just sit around and leave it that way.

So naturally, now I've got a scratchy throat and feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something. And I'm supposed to be singing in church on Sunday morning.

Does anybody have a good cold remedy? I've got a shortage of the things I usually take and I'm willing to try anything reasonable. I think I'll try and get some extra rest this afternoon, too.

I've got too much to do to get sick!

5 comments:

  1. I dunno, the lady I babysit for swears by honey for sore throats and coughs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Illnesses seem prime after surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gargle with warm salt water for the scratchy throat - tastes bad but works well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, take it easy. Well, as easy as you can!

    Then, if you don't have the regular armada of drugs, make sure you're drinking tons of water. Your body needs it to help remove the toxins, and mobilize your antibodies, etc. And, it makes your skin so nice :-)

    ReplyDelete