Monday, July 07, 2008

Marriage Monday

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?

This month's topic is wide open. Boy, if you want to give someone writer's block, tell them they can write about anything they want. I have thought about this since Friday and I have so many ideas swirling around in my head, it's crazy. I look forward to seeing what other participants come up with.

Marriage is one of God's love letters to us, perhaps His greatest. From the very first man and woman, God recognized our human need for companionship, and He created marriage. The woman is not only a helper for the man, she is part of him. And right after her creation, God sets the standard for all future marriages: For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. (Gen. 2:24)

In the New Testament, the purpose of marriage is further expanded upon. Marriage is a living example of Christ's love for the church (the body of believers). A successful marriage is a beautiful foreshadowing of what our future in Heaven will be like. Knowing how much my husband loves me, and how much I love him, that just blows my mind, for it's only a pale imitation of how much Christ loves us.

Is any marriage perfect? Of course not. We're all human. But when we give control of our marriage to God, He will show us the most wonderful things about His love for us. Are you eagerly anticipating our Wedding Day? I know I am!

12 comments:

  1. glad you're feeling better. I had my gall bladder out when I was 17, so I totally understand the pain and the relief from getting it out!

    I had trouble writing this one too! lol open topics get me confused lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. If marriage is a preview of heaven, it's going to better than I ever dreamed. That's a lot to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am ancipating the GREAT MARRIAGE FEAST!!

    I want to be ready and my dress to be spotless...

    We have such a perfect example to follow. This was great♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm eagerly waiting with you, eagerly waiting my sister. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on, Jana. Good preaching! Yes, I can hardly wait for the big Wedding Day. I actually thought of that when we were in Hawaii. :~D

    Thanks for participating in Marriage MOnday today. (BTW, excellent job, despite the challenge of an open topic!) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful! You are so right.
    Blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. you may have had writer's block but it wasn't for this post! so to the point and makes me smile and do a little happy dance just reading it! it's so beautiful what God wrote when He spoke the words which created one out of two. And I'm looking forward to our Wedding day too!!

    thanks for this!
    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a hard time imagining the big Wedding Day, but if it's anything resembling marriage here on earth, it's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy reading these from you.

    Haha on the writers block - I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well put. Thanks for sharing. Love what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful thoughts. I'm so glad you posted them. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete