Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A landlord is...

Hubby's trip to China got delayed until Wednesday - hooray! He'll be getting home just in time for a trip we had planned to Williamsburg. They have special homeschool days in Colonial Williamsburg for a fraction of what you'd normally pay for admission.

I'm going to take my camera over to the rental house next time we go, so I can show you all the work we've done. You won't believe how nice it looks. I don't believe how much time it took, but then when you do everything yourself, it takes longer.

Hubby was commenting to me yesterday that a landlord really has to wear many hats. A landlord is:
  • a manager
  • a babysitter
  • a painter
  • a handyman
  • a carpet installer
  • a complaints department
  • a detective
  • a collections department
  • an accountant
And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm seriously thinking about writing a book on being a landlord. Even in the short decade we've been doing it, we've learned a LOT. Mostly because we've made a LOT of mistakes. But if our stupidity can help other people, I guess it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment