Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Stretched thin

Have you ever felt totally out of sorts? Not at all normal, and not sure how to get back to feeling normal again? With everything that's been happening, I just can't seem to get a grip on my own reality right now.

Life is busy happening around me and I feel like a spectator. There is too much to be done and too little time and energy and I can't get a handle on it, so I just shut down.

Yesterday, for example, my cat had a swollen face and a temperature of 105. He was so hot I could feel the heat radiating off of him from two inches away (Normal for a cat is 100, BTW). While I was dealing with that, I got a call from a tenant that they had no water. So Hubby had to go deal with that after work.

Today we had an orthdontist appt, and this afternoon the three older boys have their yearly doctor's visit. And looming over all of this is that other rental house, which still has so much work left to be done it makes me sick. I feel, as Bilbo says, like butter scraped over too much bread.

And we won't even talk about Hubby possibly going to China for three weeks starting on the 26th. My brain can't allow that information in right now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel your pain my friend. Just remember, one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete