Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Food, glorious food!

I don't mean to scare anyone, but we are now entering the food season. It starts with snitching from your kids' Halloween treats and it doesn't end until the big ball drops on New Year's Eve.



In three weeks, we will be leaving for Florida, where my grandmother will have all manner of sweets and treats available twenty-four hours a day. No doubt she will prepare many tasty dishes for Thanksgiving, for which we will be very thankful.



Then comes the approach to Christmas. We will make cookies, which will be consumed almost as fast as they cool. Which will prompt us to make more cookies, which will be eaten almost as fast as the first batch. We will keep making cookies until we actually have a stash of them to put away. And then we will snack on them at every possible moment.



Christmas Day will find us at my maternal grandmother's house. She is a fabulous cook. My dad always jokes that he dated my mom so he could eat my grandmother's cooking. She will have a huge dinner for us, and a large supply of treats for dessert, including her own stash of cookies.



Finally, New Year's Eve will arrive. We will stay up until midnight eating pizza and snacking. Thus will it end.



Every year I tell myself I'm not going to eat too much. And every year, while I may not gain weight, I certainly don't lose any. And I never, ever weigh myself. So I'm going to say what I say every year, and we'll see how it goes:



I will not overeat. I will not overeat. I will not overeat. I will not...

4 comments:

  1. We don't wait for them to cool if we can help it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of the holidays too. I dropped 22 pounds since last March. I have a feeling I will gain at least half of that back in the coming months. But, oh, the food is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't gain weight, I'd go for it. LOL.

    I'm doing good so far... It's just food... It's just food... Fuel for my body, not for fun...

    I'll keep telling myself that. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete