Thursday, November 03, 2005

My memory lane of hotties

Yesterday's post got me thinking about all my teenage crushes. These are the guys I had pinned up on my bedroom walls in the mid-eighties. These are the guys my friends and I swooned over. These are the guys I would've watched if their whole tv show had been just them sitting there staring at me for an hour. In no particular order:


Of course, I discussed Dirk yesterday, but it bears repeating. H-O-T. Look at that smile. Couldn't you just eat him up? This is him in his A-Team days, prime crush time. Someone asked what he was up to nowadays, so I had to check it out. According to this article, after a 9 year hiatus, he is back making movies. I loved this quote:

Credit his son George, 17, for talking him into it. "I said 'I miss acting, George. But if I resurrect my career, I'm going to have to spend time in L.A. with stupid producers saying things like 'Didn't you used to be blond?' And the next thing you know, we'll be having big conversations about my hair.'
"And George said 'Dad, your hair was your career.' "


Moving on, we have the swoon-inducing Jameson Parker of Simon & Simon fame. I spent a lot of time with A.J. Simon. I used to video tape the shows and memorize the lines. When A&E was showing them a few years ago, I taped a bunch. It's very '80's, but still a great show. As for Jim, he moved to a ranch and became a writer. You can find out more here.

Now we have the oldest guy on my list. The adorable Peter Tork of The Monkees. Never mind that this is what he looked like several years before I was born. This is how I saw him every day when The Monkees was rerun during their twentieth anniversary year. Also, and this is important, he looked a lot like future-hubby (who I met when I was 15). So how could I not think he was cute? What is Peter up to today? He tours the country with his band, Shoe Suede Blues, or with his friend James Lee Stanley. You can find his upcoming appearances here. Hubby and I had the pleasure of seeing him in person back in early 2004, and it's well worth the ticket price.

So far you may have noticed a pattern. Yeah, I usually go for the blonde guy with long hair. Well, my next crush breaks that pattern.

This is Matthew Laborteaux. Some of you may remember him from Little House on the Prairie. I fell for him during a short-lived show called Whiz Kids. He played a computer genius teenager. Now if there's one guy I go for over and above the blonde guy, it's the smart guy. I used to want to punch the girl on that show, simply because she stood too close to him. Mine! Back off! And I was really in heaven when they did a Simon & Simon/Whiz Kids crossover! I couldn't find much about him now, except that he's still acting. He's now 39.


And now, the youngest on my list. Kirk Cameron was actually born the same month as I was, October 1970. I think every girl in America found him either incredibly adorable or incredibly annoying. I fell into the former category. But with him it was more of a "Wouldn't it be cool to hang out with him?" than it was "Wouldn't it be cool if he were my boyfriend?" In case you didn't know, Kirk became a Christian sometime during the run of Growing Pains. He is part of a wonderful website here. He also stars in the recently released third film of the Left Behind series.

So, there you have it. I hope you've enjoyed this trip down hottie lane as much as I have!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, boy did I have some of the same crushes you listed above. LOL

    In the late 70's I was "in love" with Leif Garrett, then Shaun Cassidy when he was a Hardy Boy, Barry Gibb of the BeeGee's, Jon Bon Jovi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Simon & Simon!!!

    I had a huge crush on Chicgao Bear football player. Funny thing is, I can't even remember his name now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything Dana said. Plus there was the whole Michael J Fox thing. He's still hot in my book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - I've only heard of Kirk Cameron and he was always too swarmy on that show for me. LOL...

    That prarie guy isn't bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kirk Cameron, more now than before! Have you SEEN the last installment of Left Behind? It's pretty good!! The best one so far..the others were a wee bit hokey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana - oh, Shaun Cassidy! I went to a Shaun Cassidy concert once! He was dreamy.

    Chris - that's funny. Good old what's-his-name - boy was he cute!

    E.A. - I liked MJF too, but he didn't make my top 5.

    Tee - you youngun, you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy - I know, me too! No, I bought it but haven't watched it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the *real* Starbuck :) I miss Dirk Benedict, and Simon and Simon...

    ReplyDelete