Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Way Back Wednesday

This week, the lovely Mama Duck has asked to see us doing something outdoorsy sometime in the past. I am one of the least outdoorsy people I know. However, hubby has been able to coerce me, both before we were married and since, to go on camping trips. And while I don't have any photos of the actual camping part of the trips (perhaps because I was trying to forget it?), I do have several of me doing outdoorsy things.

This is me sitting on some rocks by the shore in Acadia, in the great state of Maine. Future-hubby and I traveled there with his family (I shared a tent with his mom, in case you were wondering). This is the same trip in which we climbed a trail called Precipice and I got stuck at the top. I had no problem climbing up, I just couldn't climb back down. Fortunately, there was a "chicken" trail up the back of the mountain that I could walk down.


Same trip, different country. This is me standing on Point Wolfe near the Bay of Fundy in Canada. It is low tide. If it were high tide, this photo would have been taken under water.


The next summer, we went to the Bruce Peninsula. I had to include this picture strictly for the Star Fleet Academy t-shirt.


Here I am on a logging beach on the Peninsula. It was such a gorgeous place. And really, I was with future-hubby, so we could have gone anywhere and had a good time. This just happened to be a fabulous place to go.


Finally, here is the most outdoorsy picture I have. That's me in the silver jacket, white-water rafting! Future hubby is sitting next to me. This was a scant week before our wedding. My parents were sure I was going to break something and have to walk down the aisle in a wheelchair or on crutches. But I didn't. I didn't even fall out of the raft. We had a blast. I can't wait for the boys to get old enough that we can take them sometime. (BTW, those are my brothers-in-law in the back, but I didn't get permission to put them on here, so I blanked their faces. Hubby would say that I didn't get his permission, either, but I would have to point out that he's never complained in the past.)

So, there you have it. Thanks for stopping by, and let me know if you played so I can come take a peek at your outdoor activities!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics. I have a white water rafting pic, too! :) Yep, I played

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post. I wanna go rafting, our family loves to go!!!

    ReplyDelete