Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Playing games in the morning

I just made a very important discovery. You see, ever since we were dating, hubby has for the most part been better at board games than I am. He routinely whips me at Othello, Connect Four, and especially Monopoly (though that takes a while). He's one of those people who gets a strategy and then plays that strategy every time and it always works.



Yesterday my grandmother bought Connect Four at the toy store. Hubby spent the evening winning against the boys. Well, Isaac (3) beat him once. This morning, he pulled the game out over the breakfast table and challenged me. Normally, I'd just turn him down flat. But it's the holiday season, and I'm in a giving mood, so I obliged.



What I discovered is that hubby doesn't think as clearly in the morning. I beat him three times out of four! That is huge! One time I beat him with only five checkers total on the board! So now I know that if he wants to play a game, I should get it out at breakfast and say, "Bring it!"



I wonder if Gran's got Monopoly around here somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment