Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Over the river and through the woods

We are going to visit my grandmother in Florida for Thanksgiving. We had two options: fly down and then rent a van, or drive down in ours. You see, now that we have four children, we don't fit in her Lincoln. We decided it would be more suicidal foolhardy economical to drive it. So this afternoon when hubby returns from work, we'll be off.



There are still half a million a few things I need to do. I need to pack the boys' clothes and my clothes. I need to empty all the trash cans. I need to pack everything else in the house just in case we need it. I need to make a few phone calls. I need to pack the van. Did I mention I need to pack?



Packing is my least favorite thing about travel. I run around like a maniac trying to get things together, running through the list in my head (because though I think it's a wonderful, excellent and very good idea to have a handwritten or even neatly typed list, I just never get around to doing it). Do we have enough socks? Enough underwear? What about children's Tylenol? Q-tips? Nail trimmers? What am I forgetting???



At least I will have plenty of time to work on my NaNoWriMo novel while we're driving. I'm sure the screaming from the back regions of the van won't distract me at all.



All together now: Are we there yet? How much longer?

5 comments:

  1. Hey it's not so bad... it is only like 20 something hours! :) Good luck and be safe. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana! How many kids do you have and think you can type with a backseat full of children. (DENIAL!) ROFL ;) Just kidding with ya. Good luck on your trip. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Are we there yet?" is a line I always used, even when we were backing out of the drive of our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete