Things that changed when I became Mommy:
- There are never enough hours in the day. It seemed like that before, but it didn't actually become true until I had kids.
- There is no such thing as a sound night's sleep. I'm not sure when the last time I slept all the way through the night was, but it's been a while.
- I worried about my kids' safety before they were born, and then that increased infinitely after they arrived. When they're not right there, being carried inside me, how can I protect them?
- I stopped going around in bare feet in the house. I'm serious - you never know what you're going to step in with kids around.
- I have become extremely jealous of "me" time. I am not a selfish person, but my brain demands a certain amount of time completely alone every day and when I don't get it, I get cranky.
- I learned I am not a patient person. I'm working on that.
- I have come to realize there is always room for one more (And no, I am not pregnant, nor do I plan to be).
- There can never be enough pictures of the kids growing up (This is one I know my Dad knows).
- Perhaps the most surprising thing to me is that there is no formula, no set of things that always work. What works like a charm for one child just makes the other one angry. The only set rule is to try everything until something works.