Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I had an ultrasound and it's twins

Fake Quote of the Day:
"Believe me, I know what it's like." - J. Hurt
Last year this time, I started having this horrible, burning stomach pain. Both I and the doctor assumed it was acid reflux and I went on medicine for that. It didn't help. The pain only happens every three or four weeks, but it lasts all day and is so bad I can't do anything but lay in bed.

So finally, I got referred to the gastroenterologist, who sent me for a gall bladder ultrasound. Now, I've had teeny tiny gallstones in the past, and the pain then felt nothing like the current pain. So I thought it was a waste of time.

Much to my surprise, I have two lovely little matching gallstones, about 1.25 centimeters across. I return to the doctor on Monday to find out what this means. Hopefully there's some sort of magic procedure they can do to take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment