Saturday, April 09, 2005

Ah, Spring!

This is about right. It's 75 degrees out, more or less, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the bees are buzzing. Our apple tree is in full blossom, and the grass has grown two inches in the past three days. Now if it could just stay like this instead of moving on into the dreaded summer heat!

I've just finished digging holes for some plants I bought at Sam's Club. Hopefully they will not die. I got them because I was told I could return them within 90 days if they do die. I have two blackberry, two raspberry and two blueberry plants. I also have four different kinds of grape vines, for which Hubby is going to have to build an arbor of some type. If all goes well, then by next summer at the latest we should have our own crop of goodies.

We also have a bunch of seeds planted in little starter pots in the house. I think so far just the cabbage and broccoli and some of the flowers have come up. The kids are very excited about planting a garden. My SIL is helping them with it, which is good, because we all know I don't have enough interest in gardening to sustain a whole garden of my own for an entire summer.

The boys are out playing right now, which I'm glad of. They've been cooped up all winter driving each other nuts, and they seem to get along better when there's plenty of space between them. I've got to get their work samples for the month of March together and mail them, so I am stuck in the house for a bit. The baby should be waking up soon, too.

Enjoy the weather, everyone! Happy Spring!