Thursday, April 14, 2005

Is it June yet?

I can't remember ever wanting school to end so badly as I do right now. I'm just tired of it. The kids are not into learning anything anymore. I find myself starting school later and later every day because I just don't want to do it. Maybe it's their attitude, the way the kindergartner says, "Ohhhh" in that whiny voice, or the way the third grader growls and stomps his feet when I say "Time for school!" Maybe it's the warm weather that just beckons me to drop everything and go sit in the shade with a book. Maybe it's just sheer exhaustion from all that we've been through in the last year. I don't know. All I know is I need another 125 hours for the oldest and over 200 for boy 2. And I need to decide ASAP what they're doing next year. If we're continuing with the charter school, they need to know. If I'm going with Christian school for one or both of them, the school needs to know. I don't feel emotionally equipped to make this decision. Maybe all I need is the summer off and then I'll be fine. I don't know. That seems to be the theme here. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know!

Seriously, is it June yet?