Tuesday, May 17, 2005

May the Force...well, you know

When the original Star Wars came out in 1977, I never dreamed I would be 34 by the time the final chapter appeared. I was six then, and I loved every minute of it. The aliens, the light sabre battles, the spaceships, the princess. Hearing that 20th Century Fox music followed by John Williams' awesome theme takes me right back to that dark theater every time. Remember the first time you saw it? Remember the tiny rebel ship fleeing in front of the Empire's huge battle ship? Remember laughing at R2's well-timed blips and bleeps? Remember sitting on the edge of your seat as the trash compactor got more and more compact? Remember the thrill as Luke rescued Leia? Remember that split second before the Death Star exploded?

I could go on and on. So what's your favorite Star Wars moment?

2 comments:

  1. I liked the Ewoks, they were so cute! And I wanted to be princess Leia, I thought her hair buns were SO COOL. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a Star Wars fanatic and can't wait til tonight when he gets to see Episode 3. I'm looking forward to see how the prequals end!

    ReplyDelete