Thursday, May 19, 2005

Why I'm glad I have boys

These are just some of the reasons that it's good I have boys:
  • I don't enjoy dresses. I have to wear them to church, but other than that, you will not catch me in one. I would hate having to inflict them on a daughter.
  • I think large machines are cool.
  • I love science fiction and fantasy.
  • I honestly don't care if my kids get their clothes dirty.
  • I don't mind having pet bugs, worms, etc in jars all over the house.
  • I only like sports when someone I know is playing them, so I have no trouble with attending and cheering for any sport my boys wish to play.
  • I always thought my brother had the coolest toys.
  • I never played with Barbie or any of her friends.
  • I'm just not a girlie girl.

I wouldn't say I was ever a tomboy. I much prefer the indoors to the outdoors. Tent camping is not my idea of fun. But I've always gotten along better with boys. Mom of all boys - it's the role I was born to play!

5 comments:

  1. Jana - I'm with you on all that. I was sooo not a girly girl. I cried when my Mom made me wear dresses. I don't even own one. I have one skirt - the one I bought 2 days ago. LOL.

    I did play Barbies but I made them do naughty things. ROFLMAO. I prefered to play He-man with the kid next door and football with the neighborhood boys. In high school I was the only girl in a group of about 5 boys that hung out.

    I think I'm better suited to boys, too.... I do get a little sad when I see Easter bonnets, but that's about it. ROFL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 girls - and I have to say that they are into things that some people think only boys should be into.

    Ditto on the Barbies, big machines,science fiction, sports, bugs in jars.

    Once a bunch of neighborhood kids were in the sandbox here with my girls. We have trucks and bulldozers in there besides the teapot and teacups. One neighbor became extremely stressed out because her daughter was playing with the bulldozer. She actually yelled at her to put it down because it was a boys toy. Very strange. Very, very strange. My daughters looked very perplexed. I piped up and told them they could play with the bulldozer all they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly didn't mean that only boys are into those things. Obviously, I was when I was a girl! But with my luck, if I had a daughter, she would be a Barbie-playing, Cinderella-loving, makeup-wearing girly girl. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's just not familiar to me. Being a mom of boys has required very little adjustment on my part, and let's face it, I'm lazy, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool way to look at things. Bravo and I hope it only gets better.

    ReplyDelete