Monday, October 22, 2007

Big fat deal

This year, my parents got me a new bathing suit for my birthday. And I tried it on, and it looked good! I couldn't believe how good it looked, actually. The only way I was able to go on deck on the cruise last December was by looking around at all the other people who were heavier than I and still sitting out in their skimpier-than-mine bathing suits for all the passengers and crew to see. Now, it wouldn't bother me at all, and I wouldn't even wrap a towel around my waist. I'm wearing things that I had kept in the back of my closet, thinking I'd probably never fit into them again. Some of my favorite jeans fit me again. I can even tuck in my shirts (gasp!) and look good.

I am currently only ten pounds more than I was before I got pregnant with my oldest son. In all honesty, it's a number I thought I would never see on my scale again. Now, I'm thinking I could probably get within five pounds of that number and maintain it indefinitely. I've learned how to eat and what to eat. I realized the other day while perusing one of my cooking magazines that I automatically scan the ingredients to determine whether or not I can eat those things. There are lots of really yummy things out there. Like Kashi. Mmm, Kashi. Oh, sorry, I think I drooled a little there.

Honestly, I'm not trying to make anybody who's been trying to lose and hasn't done it feel bad. I want everybody to be at their ideal weights and be healthy. My message is just don't get discouraged, and be consistent. I don't think in terms of cheating. I'm either on track or I'm not. A cookie here or a Hershey's kiss there doesn't take me off track. A bowl of M&Ms on the table or a package of Oreos might, so I just don't have those things around. It's long-term that counts. And long-term, I like to know I'm healthier and I feel better. Plus, I am now smokin'.

3 comments:

  1. Is it ok that I am totally happy for you and jealous at the same time? Good work....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely okay. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you sweetie! That rocks and you deserve to gloat, boast, and strut your sexy self!

    ReplyDelete