Monday, June 20, 2005

Happy Monday!

Hi, everyone! Our internet was out from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon, except for a brief period Saturday. It's weird, when I can't get online, everything I think of that I need to do has to be done... online. Anyway, it's back on now and everything's happy, so on with the blogging!

My parents have taken my two oldest boys on a week-long trip so it's just me and the two little ones during the day this week. We'll see how the three year old does without his big brothers to keep him company. He was very upset last night when they left without him.

The other night, my 8 year old came to get me. He and his brothers were outside and wanted me to see something. It was dark out. I followed him up to the top of the hill, where our property adjoins a large, vacant field. He said, "It's a really big show, with really little actors." I looked out into the field. Thousands of fireflies blinked and twinkled in the grass and on the trees, like a giant display of Christmas lights. I've never seen anything like it before. I had to give him a big hug and thank him for sharing that with me. It was one of those moments that reminds me all over again why I wanted to have children. My kids are really cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jana, enjoy the time with only two kids! Some of my best memories are when I would go places with my grandparents. I bet the two older ones will have a blast!

    By the way, would your parents be willing to swing through Iowa to pick up mine? LOL!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete