Thursday, June 30, 2005

Silly confessions

I felt like confessing a few things today. So here goes.
  • I had only ever read one blog when I signed up for mine. I just clicked the little "get your own blog" button in the Blogger bar. I didn't know I'd have to come up with a name for it. I looked around my desk and saw the AAA members' magazine, called Going Places. And that's where I got the name.
  • After watching Dancing With the Stars, I spend the whole next morning prancing around the house. As if I could ever dance like that. Yeah, right. I do the same thing after watching movies like Dirty Dancing or West Side Story.
  • Which brings me to my next confession: Every time I watch a tragedy (West Side Story, Romeo and Juliet, Titanic), I am absolutely convinced that this time it could turn out differently. I will literally sit there yelling at the television, "Turn the ship! Turn! Don't hit the iceberg!" I honestly think that maybe this time will be different! Is that called eternal optimism, or just duh?
  • Even though I have 4 kids, I have never gotten used to watching kids eat. Until they're 5 or so and can feed themselves without making a huge mess, every mealtime is total stress for me. At least the dog cleans the food off the floor.

Okay, that's all I feel like sharing. Now it's your turn: what's your silly confession? Comments are open to all again!

4 comments:

  1. lol Mealtimes are stressful for me. Its a wonder they get any food in them at all when I see the mess on the floor. Luckily I have two dogs to clean up the floor. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Loved your confessions!

    I can remember when I moved out on my own (a girl who has always grown up with dogs), and I'd drop some food on the floor. I'd come back an hour later and it's still there. I'd be like, "huh?" - Oh yeah, duh! I don't have a dog! LOL.

    Now we have 2 and they earn their keep by following the kids around. Hee hee.

    Let's see, a silly confession... I just drank a hard lemonade and feel kind of loopy. LOL. (It doesn't take much.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, everyone tells me to get a dog to clean up after the kids. But then I'd have to clean up the dog's poo. I'd rather clean up food than poo. Really.

    Of course, I'm coming up on 10 solid years of diapers, so I may just be out of poo tolerance for this lifetime.

    Hmmm, confessions. I talk to the TV. All. the. time. If the people on Law & Order would just listen to me I bet the show would only be a half an hour long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm... silly confession... I like to pop the Deputy's pimples. Yup, I know, gross. All the same though, I get enjoyment out of it.

    Our little cocker Peaches died almost two years ago. I miss her little nose pressed against my leg at mealtimes...

    Chris

    ReplyDelete