Monday, June 13, 2005

I was hoping you'd ask!

This is the first time I've ever been tagged, and I was hoping it'd be for this one. I love books. Thanks, Carol!

Q. The most books I've ever owned: I honestly don't know, but it's in the thousands. I have one whole room in my house that's just for books, plus all the books in my bedroom, my schoolroom and my kitchen.

Q. The last book I bought: I actually bought Supernanny by Jo Frost. I really like her approach to discipline and her sense of humor (or should I say humour since she's British?). We're definitely using the Naughty Mat!

Q. The last book I read:I just finished The Sacrifice by Beverly Lewis. I really like her novels about the Amish community. I've started the next one, The Prodigal. I also just finished reading Shadow of Doubt by Terri Blackstock to hubby. It was okay, but I figured out who the killer was on page 97, and it was 368 pages long.

Q. The five books that meant the most to me: Oh, this is tough!
  1. The Bible (I usually read KJV, but I used NIV extensively as a teenager).
  2. East of Eden by John Steinbeck. One of my favorites since I was 15.
  3. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. An absolutely delightful children's book that is still wonderful to read as an adult.
  4. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I just love everything Hawthorne wrote.
  5. How To Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie. This book should be required reading for anyone who has to deal with people, in other words, everyone!

Okay, I tag anyone who hasn't done this one yet! Or you can just leave yours in my comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment