Friday, February 10, 2006

SPF - Love is in the air

The lovely Kami is in charge of SPF this week, and has chosen a love theme to match the upcoming holiday.

What I love most about my house:

The thing I love most about my house is the part we're not even using yet. When we bought the house, it had this unfinished room over the garage. This picture is taken from the alcove where the front windows are, toward the bathroom. You'll notice there are no walls, no shower, no pipes, no flooring. The previous owners had been planning an in-law apartment, but never finished it. When I saw this, I got really excited about the possibilities. I've never gotten to plan an entire master suite from the bare floors up before. So now you probably want to see the finished product, right? Well, since we're doing all the work ourselves, it's not quite done. But we're getting there! It's going to have a laundry room, kitchenette, two sinks in the bathroom, and a double-headed shower!

What I love least about my house:

My battles with the stove have been documented here and here. This is the only heat we have for the basement, and we spend a lot of time in the basement because we have a nice family room, not to mention our main kitchen (yes, I have two kitchens) is down there. But this thing has been way too much trouble. I just leave it to Hubby most of the time because he will do anything he can to save money on electricity, and the stove generally heats the first floor of the house enough that we don't need to turn on the electric heat. But when he has to go away, like in two weeks when he has another business trip, it's a fight to the death between me and this thing and so far, it's beaten me every time. And when it goes out, it takes hours to relight. I've about had my fill of the stove this winter. Edited to clarify: this is a coal stove, not wood. have you ever tried to burn rocks?


What I love most about myself:

I'm with Kami on this one: my hair. Here, I have just had it cut and braided. Normally, I do nothing but let it dry and brush it. It has a nice natural wave, and it's really thick. It's down to my lower back now, and I plan to let it keep growing for a while. It's also fun to use for tickling the baby and makes a nice handle for my sons to use to get my attention.

So there you have it! Did you play?

No comments:

Post a Comment