Friday, February 24, 2006

SPF - Nothing better to do

I am totally not in the mood for SPF this week, but I'm too sick to think of anything original. And by too sick, I mean sore throat, cough, and prevailing fatigue. And now the baby's feeling better, so he's running circles around me. I shudder to think what this house will look like at the end of the day. Add in the fact that hubby didn't get home until 9 last night and had to be at work by 6:30 this morning, and I just want to crawl back into bed. BUT, the show must go on...

Kristine, from her lovely new digs, has asked for the following:

Inside your nightstand drawer:


This was a lot neater a few weeks ago, but then the baby started getting into everything imaginable, and we started hiding said things in this drawer. Now I must dig through it to find anything. Plus we had to take the handle off to keep the baby from opening it. It won't be long before he figures that out, though, and then we're really in trouble. Let's see, we have cologne, a computer game, a jewelry box, band-aids, a comb, a few stray peanuts, and who knows what else.

A good book you've read:

There are so many, so I just grabbed the most recent one. I had trouble putting this one down. I know, I know, Oprah's book club, but my mom recommended it, not Oprah. It really is fantastic.

A favorite lamp:
I've shown this before, but here it is again. My mom painted this lamp to match my bedroom when I was a kid. It doesn't quite work right anymore, and the shade is missing, but I couldn't possibly get rid of it. Isn't it pretty?

So there you go! Let me know if you played and I'll come check out your stuff!

5 comments:

  1. Is the "a map of the world" the same book that they made a movie of a few years ago?? That was one intense movie!

    Happy SPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably, but I don't know. It is definitely not a cheery happy book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool lamp :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    I played.

    ReplyDelete