Wednesday, February 08, 2006

WBW - Gone but not forgotten

A more serious tone from TKW this week as she asks us to find pictures of family and friends who have gone out of our lives. I chose, as I am sure many of you did, to go with pets.

This is my cat B.P. That stands for Black Pussycat. My parents got him the same year I was born, so we grew up together. He was the best cat in the world. When my brother got a dog the year I was 13, B.P. decided there was no way he was going to share his house with that yappy little thing, and he left. The other cat there is Kringle. We named her that because we got her right before Christmas. Kringle was completely nuts. She, too, went off to find another family when the dog moved in.


This is Angel. I have previously related the story of how we came to get Angel. She was a sweet kitty. And clearly a fish lover. Incidentally, that fish is also among the departed.

Did you play?

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how our pets also become family. Great tribute to them Jana.

    I played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh... That's so sad. I would feel so bitter toward my brother's dog!

    ReplyDelete