Wednesday, February 15, 2006

WBW - We were so in loooove

TKW has asked for photos of us with a boyfriend or girlfriend of the past. Now, as I may have mentioned when I was telling you all about my courtship with hubby, nobody ever asked me out in high school. I went to both my Junior Ring Dance and Senior prom with future-hubby, and I was the one who asked him since he was in college at the time. So I give you my Ring Dance picture:

I loved my dress - my mom made it. Hated those gold shoes - they really, really hurt. I think Hubby has told me that the brown suit was the only suit he owned; I'm sure he'll comment and give the whole story on that. Now, as you can see, even though it is 1987, I have not succumbed to 80s hair. And no mullet for future-hubby, either. But I hate to disappoint The Kept Woman, who was so looking forward to past hair faux pas. So I give you this:

This is me and a guy named Dave who I went out with for about two seconds in college. Look at his hair. And what is up with that sweater and turtleneck? I seem to remember I thought it looked goofy at the time, too. And of course, I'm wearing a green shirt and matching green pants, with a brown belt and matching brown shoes (which you can't see, but trust me, they're there). We don't even look like a couple. We look like two people who were told to pose for a picture and pretend we were a couple.

So, there you have it. Did you play?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by ! I love those gold shoes ! Whats a ring dance ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's when the juniors at my high school got their school rings. Kind of an excuse to have a dance, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW on that fashion nighmare you dated for two seconds.

    Your dress was so pretty! Go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress was BEAUTIFUL! Love the green pants with the brown belt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is really beautiful and you guys make the sweetest couple! :)

    Hey, you going to come enter my photo contest? I know you've got to have some great ones to enter!

    Click here.

    ReplyDelete