Friday, June 09, 2006

SPF - Aperture

Soon-to-be-bride Kristine has given us the following assignment for this week:

A wide-open space: This is going to be the view from my new deck. In the other direction, there's more field and more mountains. And of course, I'll be able to watch my little monkeys playing in the sawdust pile down there (see the Tonka trucks?). All we have left to finish is the floor boards and the railing!

Brightness: This is my dog, Zelda. I guess the flash was so bright, she had to put on shades. My oldest son took this picture.

In the dark: Hubby took this picture of our coal stove glowing in the dark. He was trying to make me see how cozy and inviting it is. And it is. It's wonderful. As long as I don't have to be the one to keep it burning. The stove and I have a definite love-hate relationship. It hates me and it loves to torture me.

Did you play?

10 comments:

  1. Happy SPF! Love the doggie picture - very funny! Those coals showed me the meaning of the phrase "red hot." WOW! Congrats on the new deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dog shot. What a crack up.

    I played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dog shot. Pets are always so much fun and the stove is interesting. Reminds me of clouds in an airplane.

    Thanks for visiting earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coal stove pic. We use a wood stove to help heat our house and I love it - and it loves to torture my wife, too.

    And I played, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coal stove looks like two creepy eyes. At first, I thought it was a jack-o-lantern.

    Love your wide open space shot. Looks so peaceful.

    I played.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful stove! it does look cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zelda's a hoot! I suppose she doesn't give pawprint autographs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zelda's a hoot! I suppose she doesn't give pawprint autographs.

    The last one is like looking at the eyes of the devil.

    ReplyDelete