Friday, June 02, 2006

SPF - Ooo, pretty!

Kristine's assignment this week is relatively simple. Play along, won't you?

Something shiny (okay, apparently it was "sparkly"): I was going to go take a picture of the sun, but it's a nasty, cloudy day. So instead I give you my favorite picture of the sun, taken by my Hubby back when he was in college. We have it blown up to poster size and hanging in our basement family room. Look at how the sun sparkles on the water!

Something dull: If you majored in English, as I did, then you were no doubt forced to take some dull literature classes. The dullest I had to endure was 19th century English lit. We had a professor who liked to read long passages out of the books in the most monotonous tone imaginable. Then he would give us quizzes with stupid questions like "What was the name of the cat in Chapter 2?" My roommate and I were both in the class. We used to make faces at each other across the table to stay awake. Back in our room, we'd do imitations of the professor and crack each other up. Anyway, the dullest novel we had to read was Middlemarch, by George Eliot. This book is so dull I bet not even George read it when she was done.

Something colorful: Last night's weather map for our area. We live in that triangle between Washington, Pittsburgh and the I-80 symbol, so we got some nasty rain last night. It didn't last long, but boy did it pour! I love thunderstorms, though, so I hope some of that stuff around Columbus is headed our way!

Did you play?

8 comments:

  1. Good colorful pic. Yep, we had some storms here yesterday too. And it's gray and rainy today.

    Happy SPF! I played too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19th century English lit - (throwing up)... LOL.

    I LOVE the map for your colorful pic. Great idea!! ... I see me on the map and I remember those showers :) We've had some powerful thunderstorms - how bout you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching the radar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the pix! Great SPF!

    I played :) Thanks for stopping by mine. BTW, we painted our bathroom tangerine! Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're hoping for a thunder storm! We hope for snow storms in the winter. Just something about being inside when all hell breaks loose outside!!

    Great SPF! Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am digging the last shot! I always take pictures of the tv!! I rarely post them though because I feel like a goob!

    That story of your college class was great.

    Maybe the woman in my picture is the woman who wrote that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We live in that triangle, too. And it certainly was colorful - and loud.

    ReplyDelete