Friday, September 23, 2005

Self Portrait Friday

This week, Katy wants to see us in our kitchen. For me, that would be kitchens. Yes, I have more than one. One of the things that really made me want this house was that it has two kitchens. The family who lived here was Jewish and they used the upstairs kitchen as a kosher kitchen for Passover. The downstairs kitchen was their everyday kitchen. Me, I figure why mess up just one kitchen when you can make a wreck of two? I use them both every day. I do use the one in the basement more often.

So here is my upstairs kitchen. This is where I keep my main coffee maker. I mostly use the stove for storage of items such as empty Pringles cans and ripening bananas. I also use the oven up here during the summer, because the basement gets unbearably hot if I use the oven down there.


And here I am in our basement kitchen, getting ready to prepare a giant zucchini. The kids will pretty much only eat zucchini if I put it in zucchini bread, so that's where most of them have gone this summer. And that zucchini I'm holding is actually one of the smaller ones. You can see that in the basement kitchen I keep my pots and pans stored on the wall. The previous owners were nice enough to put nails everywhere so I didn't have to do it myself. The basement kitchen is also where our table is, so this is where we eat.

I hope you've enjoyed this tour of my kitchens. Stay tuned for pictures of our third kitchen. That's right. We're putting a kitchenette in our new master suite. Doesn't everyone need a kitchen on each floor?

No comments:

Post a Comment