Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Wonder Woman!

Hubby and I were watching an interview with Lynda Carter the other day. You remember her. The gorgeous and talented star of Wonder Woman.

During the interview, the reporter talked about all the little girls who grew up in the '70's wanting to be Wonder Woman. Hubby snickered. "Yeah, right," he said.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Like any little girls actually pretended to be Wonder Woman," he said.

Ahem. "I did."

A look of amazement came over his face. "Really? You're kidding."

"No, really! I was Wonder Woman, my brother was Superman, and we used to fight evil in our basement. We even had costumes."

"Costumes?"

"Well, Underoos. But still. I would spin around and turn into Wonder Woman."

"Okay."

We didn't continue the conversation after that, but I should add that I was also frequently Princess Leia, Daisy Duke, and Julie from the Love Boat. Yes, I am the tv generation.

How about you? Who did you pretend to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment