Friday, October 28, 2005

The Amazing Crossover

It's funny the stuff that goes through your head at 3 a.m. after you've nursed a baby and can't get back to sleep. I was tossing and turning there in the dark last night, and this thought popped into my head: "Wouldn't it be a riot to see Boone and Shannon on The Amazing Race?"



{If you watch Lost, you're already laughing. If you don't, Boone and Shannon are step-siblings who bicker constantly and neither one ever gives the other credit for anything.}



I can see it now:



"Shannon, give me the map."



"What's the matter, am I too stupid to read a map?"



Boone rolls his eyes. "I never said that. You just... tend to get it wrong sometimes."



"So I am stupid."



"Let's face it, Shannon: your whole life you've had someone else drive you places. When it comes to maps, you're worthless."



Or when given a Roadblock (a task only one team member must do alone):



"I'll do this one," Shannon announces.



"But you're afraid of heights."



"Fine, Boone, you do everything. After all I'm worthless."



"I'm just saying, you'd have to climb up to that airplane, make a call on the radio, and get back down without falling."



"Yeah, and I think we all know how that worked for you last time."



So if you could put any fictional tv character into a reality show, who would it be, and which show? Leave yours in the comments, or put it on your blog and leave me a link. This should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Boone dead anyway!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but I've been watching my Season 1 DVDs, so he's still alive in my brain. :)

    ReplyDelete