Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The ghosts of Halloween past

Okay, Mama Duck, you asked for it: our Halloween costumes of the past. First up is me at age 9: This was a costume party I had for my birthday. I am the witch in front. No, really, I'm dressed as a witch. The clown is my brother. He didn't have to wear a costume.
Next up, me at 13. I am a gypsy or genie or belly dancer, take your pick. This costume is actually a pair of pajamas with a red shirt underneath. Yes, my parents let me walk around the neighborhood like that.
Here I am at age 18, my first year in college. This is a costume my mom had made two or three years earlier. I am an Indian princess. Love the pose.
And finally, this is me at age 19 (that's Halloween '89 for those of you keeping score), dressed as a hippie. The really frightening thing about this costume is that those were all my actual clothes. I wore those on a regular basis. Not all together, mind you. But everything from the shirt down to the mocassin boots was part of my normal attire. What can I say - I went through a '60s phase.


So there you have it - my tribute to Halloween past. Go haunt Mama Duck to see who else played.

9 comments:

  1. I love the indian princess costume. You and Mama Duck could have trick or treated together! As the indian and the pilgrim!

    I played!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costumes! I played too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great!!

    I think the homemade costumes back then are so much better than the manufactured ones of today!

    I played.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tammy. Half the fun was making up the costumes. Great pics. I played !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Indian costume is great!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the costumes..I'm gonna have to go searching through my moms photo albums to find some "real" ones of me tho'
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree - Indian Princess was really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the most domestic looking witch I've ever seen! Love the Indian Princess get-up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pie! And I love the theme for your blog at halloween!! That is so cool. You get a big fat A for Awesome!
    Anyhow, I'm sorry that your belly dancer/genie costume was more like a female masked zorro. But you guys had fun and didn't really care, and it makes for laughs now looking back and think "what the heck???" Those pics are great!!!

    ReplyDelete