Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Say what now?

The other day I made a big omelet for lunch. Isaac was the only other person interested in eating any of it, so I split it up on to two plates and sat down to eat, when his little 3-year-old voice stopped me.

"Mommy, we have to play." I looked up at him.

"We'll play after we eat. I'm hungry." I started to eat again.

"Mommy, put down your food. Say the words!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked. I can be a little slow sometimes.

"We need to play a-fore we eat," he said.

Getting frustrated, I responded, "We'll play after lunch."

"No, Mommy, close your eyes and say the words!"

"What words do you want me to say, Isaac?" I asked, now totally confused.

He bowed his little head and said, "Jesus Christ, thank you for the food."

"Oh!" I said, finally getting it, "you want to pray! You want to say grace!" So we did.

Isn't he awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment