Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Way Back Wednesday

Mama Duck over at The Kept Woman has requested pictures of us with our pets of the past. So here we go.

In this picture I am about 10 and that is my cat Angel. We had three cats at one point. B.P, which stood for Black Pussycat, was around from the time I was born. Kringle was a calico we got near Christmas, hence the name. Angel has a special story, though. We had an orange cat named Max who was a Manx (no tail). And one day, Max was hit by a car. I still remember coming home from school and looking for him and my parents tearfully telling me he was dead. Well, not long after that, someone found a cat in the parking lot of the hospital where my mom worked. It was dirty, almost black, and very scared. And it was a Manx. My mom brought her home, gave her a bath, and she turned out to be this pale gold color. I don't remember which one of us said it, but she was like this pale, ethereal version of Max, almost like his angel had come to visit us. So we named her Angel.

When I was 13, my brother got a dog for his birthday. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell the dog that he belonged to my brother. He bit him I don't know how many times. Meanwhile, he adored me and my mom. He was a purebred Lhasa Apso and we named him Koko (after Lake Koko-Nor in Tibet, where Lhasas are from). He ended up being my parents' dog after we left home. I was not overly fond of Koko once he began attacking hubby-to-be. But he was a fun puppy.

So there you have it! Did you play?

No comments:

Post a Comment