Thursday, October 27, 2005

Are you Lost?

I was watching a rerun of Lost last night and I started thinking about how everyone seems to have these big secrets. Which made me think, would I have a deep dark secret I wouldn't tell anyone if I ended up on an island with a bunch of strangers?

Knowing me, I'd probably talk everyone's ears off about my kids and my husband. I'd most likely share any information anyone wanted to know. I don't have any really dark secrets from my past.

One of the main themes on the show has been the idea of tabula rasa, that everyone has become a blank slate. Many of the main characters have completely abandoned who they were in order to make a new start for themselves. I wonder if I knew I would never be rescued, would I be tempted to do the same thing? Just pretend like my old life never existed? It doesn't sound very appealing. I guess that's because I'm pretty happy where I am.

How about you? Would you be willing to abandon your past and become a different person? Is there something important in your current life that you wouldn't share with people on the island?

No comments:

Post a Comment