Monday, October 10, 2005

I survived!

Hubby and I had a fantastic day together. We left home later than I wanted to on Friday morning, but still managed to get to the park by 3 p.m. It rained most of the day, which was good. The park wasn't crowded, and we had our bright yellow ponchos, so we didn't really get wet. The only down side to the rain was that when we rode Apollo's Chariot, it felt like hundreds of tiny needles piercing my skin.

They had the park all decked out for Halloween, or "Howl-O-Scream" as they call it. There were skeletons and pumpkins everywhere. The scary attractions didn't open until 6 p.m., so we went around riding all the roller coasters. It was so empty in the park that day that the only line at any given coaster was the line for the front seat. And that was usually only four other people. We are coaster fanatics, and even though we rode in other seats a few times, we both agreed the front seat is always best. Unless it's raining, I guess. One time on Alpengeist, we got to ride a second time in the front row because there was no one waiting!

Then we went to some of the "scary" attractions. The "nightmare" train ride was pretty mild. All through the park they had people in costumes jumping out at you. Most of them didn't bother me, but the evil clowns in "Festa Dementia" freaked me out. I don't like evil clowns. We went in a couple of haunted house type attractions, although I chickened out of the first one and hubby went alone. If you haven't listened to my audio post below, it's me going through the "Curse of Pompeii" haunted house. It's a scream!

I stopped to pump a couple of times since the baby wasn't with me. The guard at the bag inspection when we entered the park was funny. He said, "Why do you need a breast pump when you don't have a baby with you?" Um, duh! You can tell he doesn't have kids! Anyway, we got home around 4 a.m. (it's about a five hour drive). It was a great day, and I have an awesome husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment