Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A little co-operation

This is the fourth week of co-op school. So far, my class seems to be going well, despite the fact that I have been planning it at 9:30 the night before every week. Procrastination - it isn't just for housework anymore!

I'm teaching a class on the history of US westward expansion to a bunch of 6-8 year olds, including my own. That's third period. Joshua has been giving me a hard time for two of the three class periods. First period he has gym and I have nursery duty. Unfortunately, the nursery has a giant window which looks out on the gym. Last week, instead of playing with his class, Joshua stood at the nursery window and stared at me the whole time. I tried ignoring him, so he started knocking on the window. Hopefully today will be better.

Second period I have parents' meeting, and I just remembered that I was supposed to bring a snack this week. So after I get finished typing this, I'm off to make something yummy but quick.

Part of me feels like, hey, why am I putting myself through all this extra stress when I could just stay home and follow the normal routine. The answer? Two words: adult interaction. And for the kids, peer interaction. So I'm off to bake something and get dressed. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment