- Sleep in. By that I mean that I get up whenever the baby gets up, instead of when Hubby is standing by the bed saying, "Do you want a shower this morning?" I don't mean that I stay in bed until 9 a.m. or anything.
- Cook seafood. Hubby just doesn't like it. All the kids love it, especially salmon. So if I have any, I usually wait until he's away before I cook it.
- Sleep with the cat. Although last night, the neighbor's cat slept in our bed (long story), normally Hubby doesn't want even our cat in the bed. But kitty loves me and wants to sleep with me, so I let him when Hubby's not here.
- Watch DVDs he doesn't enjoy as much as I do. If I put in a Lord of the Rings movie, I get much sighing and moaning. The same goes for many of the movies we have. This also applies to certain television series.
- Have trouble falling asleep. I will often stay up until 1 or 1:30 because it's just not the same without him here.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
The cat's away... again
Hubby left this morning for his third trip to Wisconsin in the last four weeks. I really hate it when he has to go away. But I try to make the best of the situation. Here is my list of things I can do when he's not here that I normally wouldn't do if he were: