Wednesday, October 25, 2006

WBW - Boo!

Less than a week to go before Halloween, and Kami, via TKW, has asked to see our costumes of the past. I think we've done this before. Shh, don't say anything.

This is me as a bellydancer, circa 1983. The costume is actually a pair of pajamas, with a red t-shirt underneath because it was cold outside. And of course a mask, because someone might recognize me otherwise.

And this is 1988, my freshman year of college. I am wearing an Indian princess costume which my mom made, because she's awesome like that. You can't see my mocassin boots, but I actually wore those in everyday life - part of my "dress like the Monkees" phase.

Ah, there are the aforementioned mocassin boots! They worked equally well for my hippie costume the next Halloween, didn't they? What's that by my elbow? An Apple IIc! I was on top of technology, I tell ya!

So, did you play?

4 comments:

  1. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst!!!!

    OK the Indian princess and Hippee pictures are adorable!!!

    And those mocassins look freakishly like Uggs. If you kept those you could wear them now and no one would ever know they were vintage! Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW An APPLE computer????? I remember those!!!!! Did you ever play the original Oregon Trail???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were gorgeous! I love the costumes. That must have been so mcuh fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! I think I was a Gypsy about 5 years in a row - I always got to go through my mom's old clothes and pick out stuff. It was so much fun.

    My cousin had moccasin boots like that too - and he wore them into an aiport (early 90's) and the police followed him.

    OH - Countdown to NaNo!!! Are you ready?

    ReplyDelete