Thursday, June 28, 2007

So it goes

The bird died, of course. It was just too small and weak. But I think it was a good learning experience for the boys. They buried it out in the back yard and went about their lives. The seven-year-old, in particular, was very upset about it, but I pointed out that he helped give that little bird a very nice, if short, life. Maybe it would have been more humane to drown it, like the neighbor was going to do, but I don't think so.

So, the weekend is coming. It's not exactly a holiday, but we in the US are coming up on one next week. Hubby gets only next Wednesday off, so it's pretty much pointless to go anywhere. Even a day trip would be too crowded and annoying, I think. Instead, we're going to hit the free family movie at the local theater, then probably spend the day working around the house. How about you? Any big plans for the 4th?

And my seven-year-old will turn 8 next week. How weird. How could he be 8 already? Sigh. They grow up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know yet what our plans are. All I know is we'll watch some fireworks. Otherwise it's all up in the air :-)

    ReplyDelete