Thursday, June 07, 2007

Soccer mom

Tonight is the seven-year-old's last soccer practice until fall. He has mostly enjoyed soccer; only a couple of times has he sat in the car crying when he was supposed to be getting out for practice. Compared to his older brother, that was nothing.

So, the coach has announced that tonight will be a "fun" night - the parents are playing soccer with the kids. This is just Hubby's kind of thing. In fact, on the nights when he got home early enough for soccer practice, he often took the other boys to an empty field to play while practice was going on. But of course, tonight, the one night he would be able to play a game with other adults VS. a bunch of kids, he has to go to a work dinner.

What does this mean? It means that I, the mom, will be playing soccer tonight. Can I just tell you how little I want to do this? And who's going to watch the other three kids while I'm running around a soccer field? What do you want to bet they'll be running out on the field, too.

At least I don't have to run on the treadmill today. I think tonight's workout will cover it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it sounds fun in theory, but I wouldn't want to do it either!

    ReplyDelete