- No house cleaning. If there's a mess, it's generally contained to the one hotel room.
- Not as much cooking/food preparation. We will sometimes get a room with a kitchen, or bring sandwich materials along for lunch, but mostly I get a break.
- Less fighting among the boys. Too many new and exciting things to do to fight with your brothers.
- Lots of new and exciting things to see. My favorite vacations are when I get to go places I've never been before. But just exciting is good too, like amusement parks.
What I like least about vacation:
- Packing. This is number one on my list. I hate everything associated with packing, from dragging out the suitcases to that incessant feeling that I've forgotten something.
- Followed closely by unpacking. I often leave stuff in the suitcases for weeks after a trip.
- The trip itself. Whether flying or driving, the travel part, with small children, is sheer torture.
- Coming home again. It always has to end, doesn't it?
Okay, I'm gonna go start packing. Ugh.